HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - PA BOC dialog on Crossbows, Jan 27
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 07:52 PM
blkpowder
Typical Buck

Default RE: PA BOC dialog on Crossbows, Jan 27

Out of all the commissioners,I never cared for Pallone or Schleiden.But these two commissioners along with the other two that voted yes where not the soul driving force for the crossbows. Crossbow manufactures,Legislators, the NRA and good old Uncle Ted Nugent, all had a hand in this. I was browsing the web after my outing this morning and came across a New Jersey forum. They want to make crossbows legal for all archery. And their bowhunters are PO too! Their response, why is the NRA sticking their nose in this? and a few are claiming to stop their membership. The next two will be NY and NJ. and the same people are pushing it their.[/align][/align]NRA strongly advocates for any expansion of hunter opportunity and choice when there is no biological reason to oppose the expansion. In fact, states that have allowed the use of crossbows have been able to maintain healthy wildlife populations. Additionally, the recruitment and retention of hunters has improved by removing crossbow restrictions. At a time when the number of hunters is declining, nothing is more important than the ongoing effort to preserve and strengthen our hunting heritage. Credit: NRA [/align][/align]This is what Teddy had to say:[/align]
[/align]In Nugent’s opinion — and he has a few — those rights should include the right of all hunters to use not only primitive and compound bows, but also crossbows, in any and all deer seasons.

A certified International Bowhunter Education Foundation instructor, he clings to that belief, even though it flies in the face of the views expressed by the United Bowhunters of Pennsylvania and rhetorically asks who would be so “rude” to tell a licensed hunter how they can kill their deer.

“Everybody knows that Pennsylvania must kill a certain number of deer each year,” Nugent said. “I support legalizing crossbows for all open seasons in all states — period.

“Every lie from the anti-crossbow zealots has been proven false for many years, even though they represent a dwindling lunatic fringe. It is a shame that there are such petty, selfish, dishonest people in our sport.

“I pray that the good sporters who know better become more involved and active so as to rid our sport of these suicidal policies that fly in the face of scientific game management and upgraded quality outdoor opportunities for more voting sporters.”Credit:The Republican Herald[/align]