HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cougar Killed by Wolves Near SunValley Idaho
Old 03-05-2009, 05:52 PM
millagerobert
Typical Buck

Default Cougar Killed by Wolves Near SunValley Idaho

I was emailed this today, thought I would share. In my area further north I have witnessed a steep decline in the amount of cougar sign and kills with the dramatic increase in the # wolves.

The F&G officers stopped by today to tell me about the cougar autopsy. The wolves had mauled it on the back, rump, and they believe the kill bite was on the windpipe-neck area. The stomach ripping was after it was down.

We were watching the Wolf Pack (8 black wolves)today through a spotting scope. They were about a mile away on top of a ridge between Fairway Rd. & Elkhorn.

Cameron Daggett, Chief of Police
City of Sun Valley
PO Box 416
Sun Valley, Idaho 83353

E-mail [email protected]
Office 208-622-5345, FAX 208-622-7605

This was just a 1/4 mile out of the City Limits out Parker. There was a cow elk carcass about 50 yds. uphill that probably attracted both the wolves and the cat to the area. it is not officially confirmed yet but looked to F&G as if the wolves had killed the cat. This was the same cat that was on Lon Stickney's porch at NY's and F&G took to Little Wood Reservoir and turned loose.

Here are pictures of the cougar that was apparently killed this morning in Parker Gulch. It was reported to me around 9 am. I took these pictures after my meeting at City Hall. It is in the first little draw to the left after the end of the cul de sac on Parker Gulch Road just below an elk carcus.
[/align]