HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cowardly Killer not Hunter - by Billy Nelms
Old 03-03-2009, 08:19 AM
RenaissanceBiker
Typical Buck

Default RE: Cowardly Killer not Hunter - by Billy Nelms

Last night I went for a 4-mile run (in 34 degree weather!). I run on the residential streets of my neighborhood. About half a mile into my run I heard a dog bark once behind me. I turned to look and saw a medium sized mutt running at mefull out across the yard on the other side of the street. It was growling when it came into the pavement after me. I yelled at it but it kept coming. When it got directly behind me I gave it a quick mule kick in the head. It yelped and stopped the chase. Only then did the owner come out of his garage to see what happened. He called to the dog and it trotted back. I kept going, knowing that it was a cul-de-sac and I would have to come back out. Fortunately, the owner did not have a problem or didn't want a confrontation. It's one thing when your dog is on your property, but another thing when it is not. If I had been bitten in the public right-of-way, he would have hada lot more to worry about. It's not just what your dog does on my property, it's what he does when he's not on yours.