HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My buck from 11-17-08
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 01:52 PM
wingchaser_labs
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My buck from 11-17-08

If someone posts a mount they obviously are proud of it and want to show it off otherwise they wouldnt post it because they prolly posted it on here when they had kill pics which gets to my point as a taxidermist...

Yes but you have to see it from a taxidermist view too. Although I'm not full time yet because ofcollege, I want to be when I graduate. As a taxidermist it is our career and living.When hunters comment on mounts saying thats a nice mount, looks good, I like the mount... Well then thats just good advertising for those hack shops just lookin to make money, not produce quality mounts because the person who posted the buck tells everyone to go to so and so they do a good job. andotehr people on herewho have mounts at home that look like the one posted, think hey its really good and then they refer to other people. and so on.... Your buck looks very nice but notice how long it took you to get it back. 15 months and it took this guy 4 months when it was killed in this years gun season. Most full time quality shops who do good work should be maybe finishing up there bow kills from the season. Also not to ruffle your feathers but you didnt mount your buck so to be saying what looks right and what doesnt and to tell people that "If it was caped properly, you should see nothing" about a sewing job,is not very relevent........ Product produced is the best advertising and i just wish more hunters would pay attention to quality and realism. Like he said he didnt shop around but I think next time he will. Even though I have nothing to gain from pointing out poor work I'd hope that a fellow taxidermist who does great work and takes pride in theirmountsin his area will get his future mounts and not a person who doesnt care enough to study their subjects and produce real lookingmounts.

Sorry if saying a mount is poor makes me a bad person. I did say congrats on a nice buck cuz it is a very nice buck but I will never tell someone who has a poor mount that their mount looks nice. To me as a taxidermist if a mount is posted its free game for any critiques unless the person says please don't critique it "cuz then they just want to show off their rack". WCL