HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My buck from 11-17-08
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 12:33 PM
wingchaser_labs
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My buck from 11-17-08

ORIGINAL: early in

If "we" point out the flaws? Who's we? You and that otherfriggen SMACKED ASSwho calls himself wingchaser lab? I'd like to see some of your "awesome mounts" guys. Put up or shut up!! Guys like you make mewant to puke!![>:] That mount looks just fine. Congrats!

Alright since he wants the opinions and you do too now. I'll give em. Hope zubbo shows his moutns too cuz they look very nice as well. By no means am I a pro as I have only mounted 11 heads but I do know what looks real. To me mounts should look alive and that buck doesnt looked alive to me.....

Eyes are way off
Eye lashes should be at a 45 degree angle downwards (those are 90 degree or even pointing up.
Some serius drumming issue going on in the throat (drumming, thats just lazy)
Arm pit pockets could use some workalmost the entire lower lip line is showing (hould just be a little under the tip of the nose)
And for the worst.... The ears. There is no ear but and the earls look like they got chewed on my something. They are also way to pink.

Here is a couple finished mounts and in progress mounts I've got going. Not making excusses just stating what I have learned and have changed but I now use a different paint on the noses (they are way to dark) and texture them. And have changed my eye shape setting them smaller cuz I had shrinking problems where they were getting to wide on me once dried. Also I wasnt doing a lower lip onmost of them but am now.I'm no pro yet but for only doing a few heads I think they look pretty alive. If yahave something to proveearlyin why dont ya post some of your work?

Finished

Unfinished, still wet in pics, and not getting the same paint scheduel as the previous ones.