HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 85 gr Nosler Partitions in 243...
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 06:52 PM
Pawildman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 85 gr Nosler Partitions in 243...

ORIGINAL: Doe Dumper

PA Im not getting what ya'd call "anal accuracy" out of them. However they are down in the inch and slightly less category in the 243 and the 270 I have loaded them for. For some reason both of those guns are powder sluts though. Seem to like heavy loads to really tighten the groups up. I havent started on that 300 Savage yet but Id say Ive got enough brass to last me forever with that thing as well thanks to Widener's...

I don't know......maybe I expect too much, sometimes. Always chasing that one small ragged hole group with my rifles. Probably because I've often been able to get it with a good bit of load development work and stock/trigger work. Sometimes it just doesn't work out with a particular component or barreland I'm always searching for something that will tighten things up just a tad more. Yeah, you're probably right about spending too much time trying to put a 5-shotsub-0.500" group in the boiler room of a deer or an elk. Obama is probably going to try to alleviate me of my symptoms.
As for the Savage, no work has been started yet...but you're absolutely correct about getting the brass when we did....who knows if and when it's really going to get tough to find much of it. I love a good challenge once in awhile, tho..................