HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - OT2 and AA people...arrow help.
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 07:22 AM
JeffB
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: OT2 and AA people...arrow help.

ORIGINAL: MGH_PA

ORIGINAL: JeffB

Saw your thread on AT-

I would *think* the 3-49s should be good. 400 class shoots very well out of my GT500 and now my AM35- I know the 101 has some horsepower, but..

I think you should look at cam lean/ limb lean/ make sure your riser is straight (not bent in a press).

ALSO what kind of nocking point/loop sitch ya got going on?
I have some cam lean for sure. That was I've always experienced some cable wear (more than normal) when my draw stop modules are hitting the edges before dropping the cable into the channel. That could be enough to cause this? How do you check your riser straightness? Eyeballing it doesn't show much, but do I need to level all the axes in a vise and then use a square of some sort?
Yep, get it all leveled in a bow vise and then use a high quality straightedge or long level to see whats going on.

Apparently BT has had cam lean issues in the past with the Binaries, IDK- but it seems to be a common complaint. Regardless, cam lean is an issue in the general sense, and IMO is not good. It can be a big issue sometimes or very minor, but you don't want any of it. People can downplay it all they want, but bow manufacturers have been trying to eliminate it "since time began" for a reason. The cam/string/limb whipping a little sideways as well as up/forward can necessitate a stiffer arrow- the arrow is not getting a proper launch. Your form has to all be in a straight line right? As much as possible?, well the arrow launch needs to be too!

As for my nocking point, I just have two tied in nocksets with a D-loop on top and bottom of the nocksets. Basically all done exactly like Greg's sticky at the top.
But the nock fit to the string is not super tight? not getting pinched at full draw? Bad nocks, slight nock pinch, old nocks, loose nocks, they all affect arrow flight- I've seen bows guys could NOT tune and then we put on a softer snap nock, and voila- problem solved. You are using G nocks obviously, which IMO are the best EVER, but they do get old, and they can get pinched.

Also I'm assuming your broadheads/inserts are on/in 100% straight?- you are checking them with a good arrow spinner? (not spinning them by hand or on a table or any of that). At higher speeds and fixed heads there is very little margin for error.