HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - OT2 and AA people...arrow help.
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 05:11 AM
MGH_PA
Nontypical Buck

Default OT2 and AA people...arrow help.

Ok, so this has been an issue I faced last season, and I need some clarification.

I'm shooting a 101st Airborne at 58-61#, 28.5" DL, shooting a 365gr ACC 3-49/390 @ 27.5-28" (they're two batches). According to Easton's chart, I'm spined fine. According to my broadhead tune, I'm showing a weak spine (BHs hitting left of FPs as I'm left handed). Turning down the poundage helped them get closer, but I don't want to go any lower, nor do I want to lower my point weight (shooting 100gr heads as it is).

I can't cut these down in size because whoever built these didn't use hot melt in the inserts, and if I cut after the inserts (both the uni-bushing in the rear and the insert up front, I will be TOO short). Rob/PA shoots this EXACT setup (slightly different arrow weight), with the same bow, same arrow (he's even shot at 68# with this setup), and never showed too weak of a spine. What the heck is going on? Can anyone with OT2 or AA clarify whether or not I am on the edge of the spine allowance or what? Thanks.