HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dropaway conversation
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 01:12 PM
TFOX
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Dropaway conversation

Even in theory 1,the string is still attached to the arrow when torque is applied so if there is no guidance up front,the arrow will stray further than it will if there is guidance at the front.Torque is magnified at the back end and is very small at the rest,especially if you are above your hand with the rest(remember the problems with overdraws).It is conceivable in theory that if the torque is bad enough,the arrow would hit the riser if the rest wasn't in contact with the arrow.

There is a reason the pros have been using springsteel rest for decades,even with really touchy risers of years past.They are more forgiving,even in torque induced situations,no,ESPECIALLY in torque induced situations.

Remember when torque is applied,the cams actually turn and are pointed away from the target,so if there is no contact with the rest,the arrow is pointed in a completely different direction than the string path.Wonder how a fixed blade head would do in this situation.

I'll take the extra guidance anyday.

I have shot with both and know that when I am using a springsteel rest or a whammy that when I make a bad release and or torque a shot that my results are better than when using an early drop fallaway.