HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 458 Lott
Thread: 458 Lott
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 04:19 PM
salukipv1
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 458 Lott

I hear ya, and agree!

I want the same thing, though it'll be a few years yet before I can afford or have a reason to have one. I really want to take a cape buffalo with a .458 Lott 500gr bullet.

Check out "Empire Rifles" for a custom dangerous game rifle... and there's always a Dakota...

I really like the new .416 Ruger from what I know of it, but still think .375 and .458 rounds will always be more popular than any .416, also much more readily found either of those two... my first choice .416 would be the Ruger, followed by .416 Rigby.

ORIGINAL: nksmfamjp

I am entertaining the idea of a custom built rifle based on the 458 Lott. Basically, I am a regular working stiff. I have the opportunity to make some additional monies for a couple of years at the expense of my sanity and regular shooting. So as a reward, I want to build a real Dangerous Game Rifle, or as close as I can for like $4500. Then I would like to use it either on safari in Africa or in Austrailia. Depends which I can get my wife roped into! Unfortunately, when I return from either hunt, it will probably be MANY years before I can return to this kind of hunt. Other than blowing my shoulder off load testing, I'm wondering if I can do something else locally with it. maybe a nice squirrel hunt! Actually, I was wondering if anyone has shot a medioum sized deer with something like this and what was the result? At the end of the day I would like something to eat most importantly!