HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Using the Montana X-treme products
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 11:24 AM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Using the Montana X-treme products

I never give flack to anyone for using bore butter. All I tell them is.. its your rifle. Do what you want. I used bore butter for years. It just did not work for me and I am 100% sure it was my fault. But I tried all the different methods and finally found something that did work.

Today I took the Remington Genesis out to the range. This is the third trip since it got a Montana X-treme treatment. I dry swabbed the bore and decided I wanted to shoot pellets (walmart after season sale.. I could not resist). I swabbed with a very very light moisture spit patch, and not dry patch to follow. That simple light, almost dry spit patch pulled that Pyrodex RS fouling out of the barrel perfect. I did note that when I did not swab I got a different POI but as long as I swabbed it laid them right in there.

When I cleaned the rifle, I broke it down and first patch was a Windex patch, just to remove the bulk of the fouling. (I mean why waste my solvent). Then I used two patches of the Cowboy Solvent and the third one was clean. So I dry patched the barrel, they were clean. So I then applied a patch with some Montana X-treme Bore Conditioner. Pretty fast clean up today. Was it because of the Montana products or the rifle is easy to clean... I think a little of both. But I am pretty satisfied with this Montana X-treme solvent, bore conditioner, and oil so far. I will keep using it. Especially after you see what that Genesis did with pellets on the Montana products..