HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Using the Montana X-treme products
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 10:31 AM
mountaineer magic

Default RE: Using the Montana X-treme products

Well I have an interesting observation also. I just happened to pass by Lock stock and barrel when I was picking up the wife's cow, so I stopped in and bought some of the Montana X bore conditioner everyone seems to be testing. I had a few days and never used it till Daves post here. ( Don't jump all over me about the next statement) I have for years used bore butter and I've been treated like I was dumber than a rock at times simply for using it instead of a good gun oil. Anyway being a cleaning nut I was curious to try it out. I cleaned the bore butter out , patches looked clean, used Butch's solvent, patches still looked clean, dry patched and then went in with the Montana and the patches still came out clean. I couldn't get any fouling or anything out of the barrel. So either I didn't do it right or my years of Bore Butter actually paid off. That is why I would be interesed in the experiment for rusting using the various treatments. I have 2 bottles of Montana so I will keep using it but I think I will continue to use my Bore Butter also in spite of the flack I will probably continue to receive.