HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Limbdriver
Thread: Limbdriver
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 03:26 PM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Limbdriver

ORIGINAL: JeffB

Thanks fellas- will have to see whether noise is an issue or not once I shoot it, and I doublechecked all the screws!

"jam nut' is Virginia-ese for a "nut that jams up the other side there so nuttin will move on yas!"

i.e. that's stupid for "a nut"
Anybody who says 'yas' in the state of VA is definately not from here. And having been born and raised here, I've never heard the term 'jam nut' either.

Additionally, most of the stupid people we have here are from the north... the 'Virginia-ese' [sic] term for them is 'come-here's', but damn yankees is still often used.

As to the limb driver.... certainly is an easy set up.... as I've said before, it could be done by an orangatan while blindfolded and drunk. I just wish it was fully contained... but I might stick one on my incoming target bow as I think it would be a nice rest to have.

Jeff one thing to add.... I think that serving the tag end up and aroundto the main line is a fine idea, but make sure that you identify the shortest route to it. Things aren't going to fall up naturally, and while you'll still have the set to hold the cord taught, if it does ever back itself out youdon't want to have a long loop created by your tag end that could say wrap over the end of the bar or in any way change the timing of your drop.