HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I shot the Air Raid!!
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 07:17 AM
JeffB
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I shot the Air Raid!!

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

The allegiance is more like the Liberty with Binaries. I have checked mine and there is lean in the system at full draw. But the bow shoots lights out for me so I'm not all that worried about it. I think too much is made about cam lean and Bowtech has gotten the brunt of the abuse over it.
Hmm..OK. I was not aware this was an "issue" with the BTs. This binary business is new to me.

Oh, and I forgot the mention that the Air Raid is using a laminated limb. I suspect (hope)Bowtech may go that route with all of their bows in the future, which, will be a huge plus for them.
Always a good thing. IMO, there will have to be some "stepping up" made in the field of limbs- for many years alot of different companies big and small have relied on typical run of the mill Gordon coretuff/powertuff limbs-This was fine for awhile. Now with lighter arrows the norm, as well as very high speeds and very efficient big cams, it's just a matter of time before problems become commonplace. Even PSE finally seems to have gone away from their piss-poor compression molded style that graced their bows for roughly 20 years (barring introductory "low performing" bows like the DeerHunter/Nova, where it's not an issue)

Hoyt was really ahead of the curve re: limbs as they got to work on better/improved limbs way back (early 90s) with the legacy, fast flite, and excel lams, and then the carbonites and eventually the XTs. Hard to beat a Hoyt/Barnsdale type laminated limb in the grand scheme of things and they've had many years of refinement on top of being way ahead of the curve as is.