HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - you've got a $1000..what gun would you buy?
Old 01-25-2009, 05:20 PM
mountaineer magic

Default RE: you've got a $1000..what gun would you buy?

I love opinion oriented questions as there are no wrong answers If I was going to get an inline I would buy a Triumph with a Nikon omega scope. It's a great shooting gun. The best shooting muzzle loader I have. Accurate far beyond what I can shoot. But with a $1000.00 I wouldn't buy an inline. As matter of fact I will tell you what I would and did buy.A 50 cal. T/C Hawken Along with a Green Mountain 50.cal barrel with a 1:28 twist and a Green Mountain 50cal. 1:70 twist barrel. That gives me 3 barrels so far. I also ordered a 45 cal. 1:28 twist ,54 cal 1:70 twist . Hopefully I will get them soon. And on order when they come out in March is the 50 cal.1:24 twist Sharpshooter barrel with Leatherwood optics scope. I like to think of it as my Hawken encore. I haven't shot it yet but I don't anticipate any regrets ,only the expectations of trying out all the different barrels and getting that "perfect" load for each that we all seem to be searching for.Anyway, that's my choice
One gun ,6 barrels, unlimited possibilities