HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Too Much Gun ???
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2003, 07:36 PM
Goodguy

Default RE: Too Much Gun ???

Well guys the final decision was made today. I suppose there was never any doubt as to the outcome. Sometimes a parent will tend to be a little too practical but in my heart of hearts my feelings pretty much mirrored what most of you said anyways. We looked at two rifles this afternoon both new in the box. One had a little nicer grain. He already had the scope – it was a gift from his wife last Christmas. Dad sprung for the Optilocks. The rifle will go to SC Gunworks (http://www.scgunworks.ca) at the beginning of the week to be set up. So hopefully by next weekend it will be range time. I have to admit being a bit envious – a Sako 75 Hunter in .338 w.mag carrying a Swarovski PV 2.5 to 10 x 42 is a pretty nice piece. Makes me want to go gun shopping myself.
OTIS; You’re pretty much bang on the $$. I know his wife paid $1550.00 including taxes for the scope. The rifle was $1631.85 including taxes. The mounts were $165.00. By the time he buys a spare magazine the bottom line will be $3500.00 plus or minus a few $$.
I know he’ll have no problem with the recoil and he’s a very good shot so if bullwinkle gets within 200 – 250 yds this fall it’ll be party time.
This is a pic of the rack from the bull he got 2 seasons ago - 57 inches.