HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - bowtech 82nd airborne
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 07:33 AM
Buck Magnet

Default RE: bowtech 82nd airborne

I have one and I like it, but I definetly won't say that it is my favorite bow that I have ever owned, I would give that to either my 2004 BowTech Liberty or my 2006 BowTech Old Glory)

The bow has a good fit and finish. I love the feel of the InVelvet dipping but I don't believe it is as durable as it should be.

The bow is pretty quiet (very quiet for the speed) and has very little vibration. The grip is great and it has a very nice balance/shootability.

The only downside I see is the draw cycle, I didn't think that I would mind it much when I first purchased the bow, but after shooting it a good bit I will say that it isn't what I would consider a "good" drawing bow. It isn't horrible by any stretch but it definetly does have a stiff draw and a noticeable hump to it. The bow has a great/solid backwall but it has a very small valley which makes the string want to take off if you creep forward at all. I was thinking about keeping it another year but I am not too sure now, I am starting to get the itch to check out the BowTech Captain/Admiral, Diamond IceMan, and the new Hoyts.