HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - does in heat?!?!?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 05:38 PM
BowtechHunting

Default RE: does in heat?!?!?

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11/OH

i was bowhunting tonight and i saw 6 does and one little spike buck. he kept trying to breed like 3 does. he wasnt successful but they were making lots of noises and such. the does were all acting very funnny just walking/ running in circles kind of and there tails up were up and they were like crooked at the top. they were not alerted at all. could they be in heat? if not whats up with these deer?
The chance of a doe being in heat in your neck of the woods this late in the season, I would sayis slim to none.
Take back your words buddy. I seen a buck fight this morning and they wern't goofin' around. At a 120 yards they were brawlin'! I seen a spike chasin' a doe with her tail stickin' straight out. And I had a doe come to on grunt yesterday and she was ready. The does are in heat in my neck of the woods. I agree with mossbergman11....

Just because their behavior isn't the same where your hunting at doesn't mean it's not happenin' else where. This has been a wierd season...I'll believe anything.....