HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What's up with these new Muddy sticks?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 10:25 AM
WKP Todd
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's up with these new Muddy sticks?

I'm proud to say that I'm the designer of the new Muddy Sticks. Now that the patent is pending, we can start showing them off. They are what I've always dreamed of in a climbing stick. Light-weight, no metal buckles, and two steps so you no-longer have to guess which side of the tree you want that last step to be on.

The specifications are as follows - 4 pack of sticks weigh 10 pounds and will be rated to 300 pounds. They will retail for $129.99 (4 sticks).

We've had TONS of good feedback on them. If they make me happy they will make everyone else happy too! I'm pretty anal about the details.

The cams are designed to allow us to use a rope-climbing grade climbing style rope that is rated to 3,800 pound break strength. It's a USA made rope - and will last for years in the field. The spring loaded cams allow for the rope to be placed between them, as soon as any weight is applied, it locks tight on the rope and it can't slip out. It is a pretty slick little set-up - and our patent will prevent anyone else from touching us.

The steps themselves have a geared section at the back of the steps to allow a hunter to pull both sides down at the same time, same when you fold them up for packing. The step design is also included in our patent, so no-one can touch that design either.

I'm also proud to be the guy who designed the Huntmore stool. It has a patented cast aluminum hub system that will prevent anyone from knocking us off on that design either. Just this morning I tested the chair in -18 degree temperatures - and it is dead silent even at that low of a temperatures.