HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My AlphaMax 35 has arrived.....
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 06:33 PM
mobow

Default My AlphaMax 35 has arrived.....

Well, it's long anticipated, and it's finally arrived. UPS delivered my AlphaMax 35 to my shop today, which is also the first one we've received. When I took it out of the box, the very first thing I noticed is the weight. Hoyt has defintely shaved off some weight, and it's certainly lighter. The camo finish looks awesome, and the machining is top shelf.

It took me about an hour to set it up and get everything the way I wanted it. When I let the first arrow fly, I literally think my mouth fell open, as did several of the customers as well. I heard almost nothing at the shot. It is, simply, the quietest bow I've ever (not) heard. I've shot the General, and it's DEFINETLY quiet, but the AM35 rivals it for sure. As it should. The riser design is obviously similar.

I knew simply looking at the pictures of the AM it was going to be a pleasure to shoot, and it did not disappoint. Super quiet, and I felt little to nothing in my bow hand. The draw is SUPER smooth, super solid back wall and you don't want to creep, that's for sure. While it's an aggressive cam, it's not so aggressive that it's rough to pull and hold.

I was, however, disappointed with the speeds. My VectrixPlus, at 70#'s was shooting my 480 grain arrow at 292. The AM35, on 72#'s, is shooting the same arrow at 280. Not slow for a heavy arrow, and it is rated 4 fps slower.....I just wasn't expecting to lose that much. I shot a 390 grain arrow at 305, and the bow was equally as quiet. In fact, it seemed to shoot the lighter arrow more consistently, but that may have been the arrow or more likely.....Me.

The bow is also very tunable. I had it shooting bullet holes and drilling X's in about 15 shots. In short, I am quite happy with it indeed. While I am a bit disappointed with the speed, I am certainly not upset about it. I believe I will be much happier with the longer ATA as well, and the lighter weight. In fact, I believe I may have found a bow I will keep for a few years.........LOL....ah, who am I kidding. I'll get a new one in 2010.....But I may just keep the AM35 instead of trading it.