HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ethical dilema.......what would you do??? (Update!) (Ending to the story) (Pics)
Old 01-12-2009, 12:33 PM
teedub31
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ethical dilema.......what would you do???(Pics)

ORIGINAL: piketon_hunter#9

ORIGINAL: teedub31

Just be carefull. Harvesting a deer in that manner is illegal no matter how you rationalize it. It will just make it easier for you to rationalize it next year or the year after. Much like cheating on a test (most of us have that experinece from HighSchool), it was hard to do and come to terms with the first couple of times, but got easier with each test so much so that the moral issues of cheating became a distant memory afetr a while. The situation you describe is that initial test you cheated on. Are you ready to go down that slippery slope, cuz most people never make it back.

I have much more respect for the guy that ends his dream season chasing a Booner tolegally harvest a buck in mortal misery then the guy that does what you feel is okay to do.
haha, yea im still in highschool.... im responsible enough to knw not to kill for the fun of it.. when my trigger finger gets itchy or the freezer is lookin empty i take does, because a mature doe being harvested out of the herd 2-3 times a year is never a bad thing.. i wouldnt take the buck unless i thought it would die a worse death otherwise.. i guess im tryin to say that i have enough sense not to go around killing every deer i see for the fun of it, and that taking this buck would not be for sport
Point being you obviously have not harvested a buck illegally. Good for you. But you said you would, and I just cauation you to rethink that postion no matter how ethical you may think your decision is. Wrong is wrong and once you go down that road wrong satrts becoming right (or at least okay) in your own eyes. So if the situation comes up and you harvest a lame deer, do yourself an ethical favor for your ouwn future and tag that animal.