HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - More News from the ATA 366 fps
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 02:07 PM
TEmbry

Default RE: More News from the ATA 366 fps

Food for thought guys, low poundage or low draw length shooters can GREATLY benefit from these bows. These guys are getting more speed out of a 50# bow than my smooth 70# bow. And I don't think 50# can possibly be harsh enough to be considered harder to pull than the SMOOTHEST 70#.

Not for me either, but there ARE two sides of the story. I don't get why people act like one bow in a lineup means the companies are only pushing top speeds now? Nearly every company seems to have a very solid lineup of smooth shooters with quick speeds, with only 1 or 2 screamers for the year. Bowtech has the Airborne, Hoyt has the Katera which isn't even much a screamer (only company left it seems to NOT put out a screaming speed bow yet, just doesn't seem up their alley apparently), PSE has the Omen and one or two Xforces that are screamers, elite has the gt500. While there doesn't seem to be any slow bows left, most appear to be built around shooting first, with the exception of one or two bows a year. Smart by the bow manufacturers to me. Just look at all the guys that will flock to the highest speed number they see, regardless how they shoot. Speed freaks need bows too.