HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Gov. Doyle wants to put a tax on every deer taken by hunters in WI.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:01 AM
Trapper22
Spike

Default RE: Gov. Doyle wants to put a tax on every deer taken by hunters in WI.

That is absolutely the dumbest thing I've heard. It's not worth it. If it happensI forsee deer registrations going waydown. Who's going to collect this? The registration station or a bill in the mail?

Spend $24.00on a license. plus varied amounts on supplies ammo,gas,snacks,hotels then if you shoot a deer, which are hard to find in many areas, another $100.00. Ridiculous. Some people already have an insane amount in deer huntingalready. Processing fees can alsoget very high for some people, $300 to $400 for a deer.

Here's another idea any so called hunter/sportsman that voted for Jim Doyle can pay $10,000 to help balance the budget. It's why you don't vote for Democrats if you like hunting or owning firearms period. Ron Kind lost my vote this year when he strongly supported Barrack Obama. Ron Kind supposedly hunts and has supported some gun owners rights but when he done that I can't support him. I actually had voted for him in the past but never Doyle or a Dem. for president.