HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Momentum vs KE ....who is switching over this year?
Old 01-05-2009, 04:11 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Momentum vs KE ....who is switching over this year?

im melting lead and filling my arrows with it. should get me well over 1000gr...then im going to have a broadhead custom built...4+" entry hole....gunna be devastating!!! if i shoot small deer, i'll likely cut them dang near in half..i wont have to practice much either because with the damage that setup is going to do, all i gotta do is connect.......

seriously, im already sitting around 450gr...and i love my CX Terminator XP Selects...probably throwing in weight tubes..somewhere between 3-5GPI...or possibly brass inserts and lighter weight tube to gain some FOC...if my spine can handle it...i can shorten my arrows an inch or so and they are pretty stiff as is so i bet i can get away with 50gr inserts and light weight tubes....already shooting 125gr heads...but im likely switching from 3blade muzzys to something else....havent decided what yet.....i just dont like the thin blades and alumanum ferrules muzzys have....slick tricks, G5, and magnus heads all caught my eye....

just looking to go up about 100 or so grains and get a tougher broadhead....wanted to do it prior to this season, but by the time i got home from my summer work/vacation, it was dang near time to hit the woods...and i didnt take my bow with me over the summer...this year i am though...