HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Momentum vs KE ....who is switching over this year?
Old 01-05-2009, 06:09 AM
TFOX
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Momentum vs KE ....who is switching over this year?

Get to the Uphill/Downhill thing, and we've got a whole different story all together. If you look closely at the article TFox posted, it tells you that the arrow speeds change when shooting UP and DOWN hill inversely, which is consistent with the results I get when shooting UP and DOWN hill. If I have a 32yd shot up a 10* angle, I'm holding for 34, the inverse of this same shot, I'm shooting for 30, because at soft angles, the trajectory change is not identical in my experience. Some will say this is a form issue as well, but I believe it's more likely a result of the arrow loosing speed on that attempt to gain altitude, while it's working WITH gravity loosing altitude.

This doesn't usually show up untill much further than 30-40 yards,it usually doesn't show untill 70-80 yards.

This IS sight paralax.STRAIGHT down and truly straight down is just like right at the arrow when it leaves the bow.

A shot at the bow will need to be shot as if it were 70-80 yards.
This post is a bit misleading.The statement is true for a flat horizontal shot but when shooting straight down,there is no arch to the shot(arrow is being pulled STRAIGHT to the ground,so the shot will have to be shot as such.Most likely the shot would have to be made as if it were 10 yards but,this is an extrememy hard shot.The trick would be to create the exact angle that is going to take the arrow straight to the target.

VERY DIFFICULT,should not be attempted.

<