HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scopes?
Thread: Scopes?
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 04:02 PM
glockman55
Typical Buck

Default RE: Scopes?

ORIGINAL: Markymarc

I've looking at the Leupold VX-II scopes in a 3-9x40 online today, and they seem very good quality scopes ( i was reading the reviews on the Bass Pro website) A little more money, but I beleve you getwhat you pay for. Ever since the first time my dad took me to his tree stand when I was 7 I've been hooked to deer hunting. My dad tought my great hunting ethics, and to never pull the trigger unless I was 100% sure it was going to be a clean shot in the vital area. I've been living those words ever since and now I am 34. I lost my dad in June of 2003, and I was a mess, I had lost not only my father of 59, but I also lost my hunting buddy and best friend. That November I had a hard time going hunting without him, but I knewthat he wouldn't want me to pass up something that I have so much passion for. Opening morning I climb in to that same tree stand he took me too when I was 7, not 20minutes passed and I could hear steps in the crusty snow behind me, I stayed very still and in the cornerpf my eye I saw him step into the old shooting lane my dad cut so many years ago. I started shaking, my heart was pounding as the 14 point monster stood perfectly broadsite quartering away from me about 20 feet away. As I slowly raised my dads old 30-30 I laid the sights behind the monsters shoulder. I couldn't stop thinking of those famouse words, ( if it ain't a clean shot don't take it) well they don't gett any better than this, i told my self just seconds before I droped the buck right in his tracks. The rack is hanging in that very tree stand where my long love for deer hunting began.
Leupold vx-II is a good choice, I have the vx-I and the VX-III, my next one for my new .270 will probably be a vx-II, for the cost. When in doubt, go with a Leupold.