HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Nice Ontario Buck called in with the Grnt/Can combo
Old 12-27-2008, 08:46 PM
droptine
Fork Horn

Default RE: Nice Ontario Buck called in with the Grnt/Can combo

Thanks for all the congrats! It's nice to find a place where your welcome other than home. In reply to patch holder I got the buck on November 11th, 2008 at 12 noon. I have found and I'm sure many of you will agree that 3 days before and 3 days after a fullmoon in combination with a cold front after a long warm spell is about the most optimum time you can be in the woods during the rut. It had been over a week of very warm weather. I advised our hunting crew that today would be the day and it was. A few big calls on that new big Quaker Boy call topped off by 3 bleats and a blatt from that primos doe in estrus can brought this buck charging in through the prickly ash and cedars. I could hear his rack hitting the whippy thorned branches of the dasterdly and God forsakenbrickly ash. It almost sounded like two bucks fighting but it was not. Just a love struck buck heading to that big bush in the sky where he would never have to worry about prickly ash again.