HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The Harrisburg Sport Show
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 08:33 AM
PreacherTony
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: The Harrisburg Sport Show

ORIGINAL: davidmil

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Do any of you know how the Harrisburgh show stacks up against the Hamburg, NY show?? I am wondering if it's worth a trip down there with Andrew, as the WNY show is just a few weeks away from it ....

Andy, do you have a booth at the WNY show?
Preacher, there is no comparison. Harrisburg IS the show of local shows as far as I can tell. Last time I was a bit disappointed but I've been so many times maybe the luster wore off. Didn't seem like there was as many vendors last time.

Here's a vendor list as of today...To give you and idea of the size of it. Look at the floor plan. The archery barn is in a full sized horse arena where they can ride barrells and all that.The open end of that arena is where they hold the 3Dshoot. They shoot up into the bleachers to ranges to 60 yardsI believe. Then look at the rest of the barns and you'll see it's a lot of walking. Check the vendor list and you'll see some names missing that have attended in the past like Muzzy, unless they're sharing space with a shop owner or something. Old stand bys like Primos boys will still be there. Lots of fishing stuff. Lots of outfitters and calls. Large RV area as well as ATV etc
http://floorplans.reedexpo.com/RX/Floorplans/2009/ESS/start.html

Here's the link for the main sports show site. http://www.easternsportshow.com/App/homepage.cfm?moduleid=1867&appname=100280

P.S> Hey Preacher, you could make a dual purpose trip and slide by the Cabelas not too far from Harrisburg too. However, Cabelas will have a large booth at the show.
Thanks for the reply and the links, David. I am sold ....weather permitting, Andrew and I will be heading down there for a few days

Thanks Rick ..... someone should compile who from HNI will be there and when ....