HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - wats you view on running deer with dogs
Old 12-19-2008, 08:37 AM
Gangly
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: wats you view on running deer with dogs

This past hunting trip in Arkansas I was walking to my stand on approx 800 acres of private property that does not allow dog hunting, and out pops 3 dogs on the walking trail to my stand. These dogs followed me to my stand, hovered around a little while, then walked off. Come to find out, they walked over to where my father was at, pissed on his stand, walked over to the feeder, pissed on the feeder, then ran through the woods around him until dark. I have no problem with running dogs for deer, but i have a HUGE problem with dog owners who cant seem to keep track of their dogs. If you cant keep track of your dogs, you shouldn't be running them. If you are running your dogs next to private property that doesnt allow running of the dogs, you should not run them near that property line. The dogs running after deer on private property is the same as the owner hunting deer on property he isn't supposed to be on. Again, i have no problem with people who run their dogs after deer, but more hunts have been ruined by careless dog owners allowing their dogs onto private property than anything else where I hunt. My father and I wont shoot the dogs, but my uncles and cousins have no reservations about doing so. Thus, many dogs have not left the property once they arrived.