HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hell Razor / G5 Montec guys.....Questions
Old 12-14-2008, 10:26 PM
BowHuntingFool
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hell Razor / G5 Montec guys.....Questions

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Gmmat, what heads are you shooting with your Longbow???? Why not shoot the same ones with your compound! Have you tried the Snuffers yet???? Thats what I used on the buck I killed this year, pass thru and a great blood trail while busting a few ribs goin in and out! I don't see why these would be a bad idea for a compound bow???
Ive got (forgive my ignorance) some kind of Magnus 2 blade on the longbow arrows. I need to stay with a 100gr. BH, though (actually lose KE when I go to 125gr.) and the trad. heads are 125gr.
So what If you loose some KE. Your KE Is much higher then mine and I'm blowing through most of my deer and bear with a 220 fps recurve with my set up. I really believe you would like them Snuffers Jeff. They do need sharpening out of the box though. There also cheap (6 pack for $27.00). These other heads your speaking of (G5 Strikers) I think are a decent head as well. The only thing I don't like about them Is that there not a solid one piece head like my Snuffers. I'd think about shooting them If I wasn't happy with my set up.

Yep, I smoked my buck I shot this year, complete pass thru. I would be surprised if I'm getting anywhere close to 200FPS from my Longbow shooting a 620gr+ carbon arrow out of a 50# Bow, I love it, Snuffers is where its at!

The Strikers gotta be close to $40 for a 3 pack if I'm not mistaken???