HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cowardly Killer not Hunter - by Billy Nelms
Old 12-12-2008, 01:30 PM
BOWMANN100
Spike

Default RE: Cowardly Killer not Hunter - by Billy Nelms

ORIGINAL: RenaissanceBiker

We shoot dogs on our lease. Hunting deer with dogs is illegal in our game zone and we don't do it. The only dogs we get are strays. They may have a collar, but we still shoot them. One of our members had some stray dogs chase a buck in front of his stand. He shot the buck, then had to shoot one of the dogs to get them to leave. He wouldn't leave the buck for fear they would return. He had to send a text message to us for help. I once got permission to hunt a power easement on a deputy sheriff's land. Just after sunrise his 3rottweilers ran by. Not a good hunt, but I didn't shhot them. The article doesn't say where they were hunting. If it was public land, I would not have shot him. If I was hunting someone else's land or lease, I would not have shot him. On our lease, I would have.
It should not matter weather it was on a lease that did not hunt with dogs(duh) The dog had a collar which any moran should know it is not a stray. The person who did this should not be allowed to carry a gun, most of them prob. arnt smart enough to pass the HSEC anyways. Just unbelievable how dumb some people are