HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - GRIM REAPER VS. RAGE
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 08:10 AM
LittleChief
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: GRIM REAPER VS. RAGE

I started with Grim Reapers last year and I see no need to change. Every deer that I've shot with them in the past two years (total is 9) has died quickly. The realup side to me in shooting the Reapers after reading quite a few different threads on here is that every one of my 9 kill shots has been a complete pass-through and in the dirt. I have an exit wound AND an arrow to look at and judge when I climb down.

The down side to the Grim Reapers is two-fold. First, the entry wound. In all honesty, the entrywound is, well,... pretty pathetic. The exit hole, however, is devastating. Second, they're not that sharp. It's a good idea to touch them up, but it's a p.i.t.a. to sharpen them. It's worth it, but it's difficult.

The Rage, from all acounts, seems to be an outstanding and devastating broadhead, but there have been quite reports from guys shooting good bow setups who haven't been getting pass-throughs.

To each his own of course, but as for me,I'll take a small entry wound, huge exit wound and a pass-through over apossible, and I emphasize"possible"huge entry wound and no exit wound with the arrow running away with the deer.