HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official America's Team Thread (19)
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 04:00 PM
AF Hunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official team 19 hang out...

Well, I (meaning my wife who is not colorblind) tracked last night until dark. Went out this morning and picked up the trail again. He crossed over to where I don't have permission to hunt, so I went and asked for permission to go locate him. Owner said ok as long as you aren't armed. Went in and jumped him up. He stood 20 yards from me for a couple of minutes before taking off. My shot from yesterday blew through his right shoulder and out his chest. I followed him back to where I can hunt, marked the spot and went back to the truck 1 mile away and got my gun. Picked up the trail again and we crossed the big creek on the property 5 times and all throughout the 250 acres of woods. Saw plenty of other bucks too. Never got close enough for a clear shot though. Then at 4:15, he crossed the creek AGAIN! He isn't bleeding anymore when he's running, but every time he lays down he'll leave a basketball size pool on the ground. Best I can figure, we've played follow the leader for about 15 miles up and down ravines and through some of the roughest country I have ever traversed. I have had enough. I made an honest effort to bring him home and came up empty handed.