HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Buy my next stand...
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 07:38 PM
Scott/IL
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Buy my next stand...

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

ORIGINAL: Illinois Buck Hunter

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Sounds like u like the cheapies so I heard that Menards has a bunch on closeout. When you want quality..step up to a LW hangon and you will junk the rest..jmo
I LOVE Lone Wolf!!! I have hunted from one once and thought it was great and couldn't say enough good things about them. However like you said, the cheapies work better for me right now. I'm a full time college student, so I get by with what I can with my job.
Nothin wrong with that buddy. I can only afford one and I only use my LW Alpha hangon. I hang it and tear it down each time I hunt using the LW sticks. My stuff can't get stolen, weathered, or chewed on by squirrels. A young buck like you should be able to have enough stealth and energy to hunt like this if an old dude like me can.
I have thought about this approach, and it is somewhat similar to what TEmbry suggested with the Milleniums. And whatever you did this year must of worked lol because you put down some studs.

I used to pack a hang on into public land about a mile deep, and would see a lot of deer by putting it up and taking it down. Over the last 4 years or so though, I have started hunting on our family farm and have opted to leaving them out since theft has never been a problem and it reduces the time and noise of putting a set up.