HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Pass Thru Crew (18)
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 07:53 AM
madvilledoc
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team Pass Thru Crew (18)

I can't believe it's been so long since I checked in, but I've been hunting nearly non-stop since the first of November and haven't been online much. So far my hunting season has been miserable (with one exception). I bowhunt exclusively in one of the bow-only counties in WV on a trophy-only hunting lease. I'm getting a lot of nice bucks on camera, but unfortunately that is not translating to daytime sightings. The biggest buck I've seen thus far while bowhunting is a 2 1/2 year old tall-racked buck I call "Hightower" that will score in the 110 range. He's just too young and not big enough. He needs at least 2 more years.

A buddy of mine did take a nice 130-class 10 pointer (a buck I called "No-brow") the only day he hunted out of my stand. Bummer. Its one of the bucks I was targeting, but that is the way it goes. I am happy for him. I still got the rest of this month to try to close the deal on one of the bigger bucks that I am seeing.

The good news (although not for this team) is that I took a nice 10 pointer while hunting the gun season in Ohio this past weekend that scored 144.5. That's been the only bright spot this hunting season. Here's a pic: