HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - French Tuning
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 03:53 PM
davepjr71
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: French Tuning

First, I'm strictly a "hunter" and not a target shooter. However, wouldn't you want to be as accurate and have the best tuned possible when shooting at live game? I think that a tuned bow is more important in hunting. There is no such thing as "quick tuning" when it comes to getting a bow ready to kill an animal. Hitting a pie plate doesn't work for me. I've been hunting deer long enough to know that there is no such thing as a guarantee or easy shot and why complicate matters with a bow that is not dead nutz on and then wonder what happened after the deer is maimed or missed.

I Frenched tuned my bow and never had the need for BH tuning. They both hit in the same place. Could this vary from bow to bow? Sure it could. However, my buddy was having issues with hos bow and I had him check his bow using French tuning. After he did so his bow was dead on with BH's. This tuning method works plan and simple and is faster than walk back,paper, or BH tuning. You immediately find out if your bow is off both vertically and horizontally.

PA,

I agree with you. However, the method wasn't developed by the French. lmao