HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whats the easiest way to sight in a new bow?
Old 12-03-2008, 09:16 PM
archer 2
Typical Buck

Default RE: Whats the easiest way to sight in a new bow?

Dave I would have to disagree with part of your post. If he sights in at 10 yards , unless he is shootinga bow in the sub 200 FPS range he will not miss the target at 20 yards. Also if he sights in at 6 or 7 yards and then backs up to 20 he is going to be shooting lower than if he had sighted in at 10 yards. With my 20 yard pin , shooting the Bird shot which is 35 feet, 30 feet, 25 feet and 20 feet. For the longest one I hold my 20 yard pin on the very bottom of the spot, for the next two positions 30 and 25 feet I hold dead on the center (hopefully) but for the closest position , the 20 foot, I have to shoot it like a 25 yarder. OT2 confirms my aiming spots for this target and it works. Other than what I disagreed with you on , no problem. One question though , you said you can sight or get close to a 50 yard mark by standing 3 or 4 yards away . So would I just put a spot on a target and aim at it and adjust my 50 yard pin till I am hitting it and I should be close for 50 then? That would really be great if it works since setting a 50 yarder for me is a real bugaboo (mental hangup at that distance). Thanks for your help Dave.