HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Idea Hunting Show
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 02:45 PM
jeremyjms06
Fork Horn

Default RE: Idea Hunting Show

I've been wanting to express my opinion on this for a long time.

1. I would love to see average guys from different parts of the country hunting the same deer that "real average joes" really shoot. I'm so tired of seeing all the same "professional" hunters hunting the same 150 plus class deer that the majority of the country will never get to even see. I live in Eastern Alabama and let's face it.... we just don't have the monster deer here and I'd love to see guys that I can relate to hunting the same deer that I get to hunt.

2. I'd also like to see some public land hunting, starting from the map reading, to the scouting, to the actual hunting and seeing the end result be an average public land deer.

3. I'd like to see more handicap hunting..... bring in some handicap people who's hunting areas are limited to what their physical capabilities can allow them and give them a good hunt with the opportunity at some world class deer. I hate seeing people who are handicap not having as much of an opportunity hunt scoreable deer as everyone else..... everyone should have the chance.

4. Bring in some new hunters, hunters that the tv world hasn't ever seen. Don't get me wrong I am a fan of some of the tv hunters out there but new talent is all over the world.... give some average joes the opportunity to make their wishes a reality and show the world what they can.... plus most of the hunting world can relate to average joes better than they can hyped up "pros"...... (sidenote: I'm available to come onboard....lol)

5. Me personally I'd like to see more predator hunting on tv.... I like seeing the mountain lion, leopards, african lions, and so on taken out on camera. Predator hunting has always been exciting for me to watch. Just the thrill of hunting something that can hunt you back is enough to get my attention.

6. Last but not least lets see some fun!!! All of us hunters like to have fun in the woods or around the campfire. Lets see some fun activites instead of the whole show being focused on the hunt everyone being so serious. I love watching Ted Nuggent because he brings the show to life, he has fun on the camera and therefor lets the audience have fun with him. Lets see the mishaps, the campfire jokes and the all around fun that this sport brings us.

Just my 2 cent!!

Jeremy