HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - i feel ashamed guys...
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 08:22 AM
StrikeTrue
Fork Horn

Default RE: i feel ashamed guys...

ORIGINAL: my7pointmonster

Yesterday morning around 735 I shot a monster doe with my rifle. Well that's all fine and dandy but you know I wasn't happy or proud of it in any way granted it was a great shot and a monster doe but after I shot it I diddnt feel any excitement. I feel ashamed right now to call myself a hunter. I shot this doe and walked down with my friend gave him a high five and that was it. Maybe it was the fact that I wanted to see him shoot one more than I wanted to see myself shoot one and its scary to say it but I felt like since I shot it with my rifle I was "less" of a hunter because of it. Nothing was done illegally or anything of that nature but last night into this mornig I diddnt sleep so good. Its 20 after 6 right now and I can't sleep. I think its time for me to quit rifle hunting all together because if I'm gonna feel like this after I shoot a big doe than forget that I was happier when I went to my friends house and his 10 year old son shot his first doe I was happier for him than I was all day for myself. I've never experienced this when I shoot something with my bow. Sorry guys I just needed to vent I guess.

Ryan
Speechless