HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The Great Debate Over Baiting
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 03:24 AM
wheelie
Spike

Default RE: The Great Debate Over Baiting

We ars a little different here in Ont. Canada where baiting is legal, for one, We are only allowed one Buck, and if you win a draw you get a buck or a doe but only one. With our new gun registration seems there are not even enough hunters now to move the deer. We are in apple country and farmers are screaming cause of the deer population. Because you are only allowed one we let most walk anyways. Let a doe walk ten yards infront of me and she never did see me. I figured if I get her now what am I going to do till the end of December. I don't know anyone around here that baits for gun season and as bow hunters we are a different breed of hunters. Kinda like fishing, You have fishermen then you have the ones that only show up for salmon season. Many farmers do notwant gun hunters on there land yet the same farmer will let you bowhunt. I feed the deer all year and I could go to a wild game store and buy a deer cheaper than it costs to feed them for a year. The debate moves on

I do agree with Goose that deer are more cautious around the feed piles but if you shoot one at your feed pile you not think the deer will stay away? I would not drop one on my feed pile anyways.