HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The Great Debate Over Baiting
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 06:50 PM
goose142004
Spike

Default RE: The Great Debate Over Baiting

ORIGINAL: WVCritterGitter

To each, his own. We're all different in some ways and alike in others. I do what's legal and feels good for me and I suspect others do the same. That being said, I guess I've killed at least 1 deer by all the methods above and they all tasted the same. I've baited their ears, noses and stomachs......lol. I couldn't say off hand how many I've had come to me after I used the grunt tube. Heck, once I called a buck to me using a doe bleat, shot at it with my bow and missed, and called it back in for a second shot. I baited his ears. A couple years ago, I took a nice 7 pointer using Tinks 69. A fellow down the road from where I was hunting had feeders set up and all the deer were down there. I set out a couple scent bombs using Tinks and within 2 hours I had the buck on the ground. I guess you could say I baited his nose. Several years ago I placed a mineral block on a well traveled deer path at my Dad's farm and once in a while deer would stop by and lick it on their way to their bedding area and this allowed me to get a shot if I so chose. I rekon I baited his stomach. Now if I had a hot doe to tie up or a doe decoy with estrous perfume, I rekon I'd be baiting their eyes too.....Happy hunting everyone......

lmao i like this. well said. i hear how easy you all think it is with a feeder. i guess mine stinks or something bc ain't been no big ones there at all on my cam nor anything else during daylight hours for that