HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The Great Debate Over Baiting
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 06:18 PM
goose142004
Spike

Default RE: The Great Debate Over Baiting

i live in oklahoma and "baiting" is legal. i will admit i have a corn feeder with a stand right by it. it is in the middle of a 1 acre food plot. in all my time hunting i have seen more deer when i wasn't hunting at my feeder. don't think for one second that a feeder makes deer hunting easy. deer can still smell and always seem to be way more cautious when in the area close to my feeder. mostly does and small bucks. i would also like to add that i keep a trail cam set on it at all times. since the week after bow season opened there has not been one picture during the day. i keep my feeder full from about the beginning of septenber till about may. it really helps the deer after all the other food is gone. the place i have my feeder is on about 50 acres which is public land. i dont see a problem with it at all. the deer are free to go to the field acrossed the road to eat or the bean field on the other side of the creek. however i dont use any calls or scents while hunting just sit on trails and occasionally my feeder. is all in what you want to do. dont knock someone elses way of doing something if you dont agree. do you want someone telling to how to drive or raise your kids? i think not. im not trying to start anything just saying please respect my beliefs and i will respect yours because we all have different issues to deal with in the area where we hunt. o by the way i killed my first buck this year it was about 400 yards from the food plot.