HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My fellow Bowhunters; what are u thankful 4?
Old 11-27-2008, 10:05 PM
mobow

Default RE: My fellow Bowhunters; what are u thankful 4?

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

Thankfull to have my second family right here on the internet. You guys are great company and friends.
Hear! Hear!

It's been a really tough year, and ironically.....a very liberating one as well. I've lost 3 grandparents and 1 auntthis year and several friends as well as the family dog. It seems I've been at a funeral home somewhere just about every other week or so, all year long. It's just been an incredibly difficult year.

But ironically, through one of my grandparent's death, came my freedom. She left me a small inheritance. It wasn't a lot, but certainly more than I deserved. It was enough to get me out of debt, and to buy a truck, replacing my 14 y/o Ranger w/ 200,000 miles. The wife and I now have ZERO credit card payment, 2 new vehicles, and NO car payments. (we also inherited her 2004 Buick Century). And I didn't know anything about this until she passed in July. They did all of that for me, and they're not even here for me to thank them.

I'm thankful for my job. And with the economy the way it is, and businesses cutting many, many jobs....large businesses going under and everything else that's going on.....My job has remained stable. My family still has a roof over it's head and food on the table.

In short, God has really watched over me this year, and blessed me beyond what I could ever have imagined. I've made some new friends, become closer to some I've had, and sadly, lost a few as well. I enjoy good health (except I currently have a pretty nasty sinus infection, but in the grand scheme of things, that's pretty minor) and I get to bowhunt alot. Somedays I just don't know whether to laugh or cry, and some days I do both.