HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - They are not behind every tree
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 01:46 PM
bloodcrick
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: They are not behind every tree

Cougar,I 100% agree with you on this one The OBR ( i know it dosent agree with some) but i have seen a hugh difference in my are with it. If we would shorten our gun season we would be a killer state. Just to give you an idea of my year in Indiana even after last years EHD. I have been close to a 160 a 130 and two 120-130 bucks this season but couldnt make it happen I have seen a TON of bucks and handed out passes like crazy this season waiting on a big one. Im not complaining
ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

your right, the guy was expecting something that is not a guarentee anywhere. I know they are not everywhere behing every tree but i also know Illinois potential, and work right on the river on the Indiana side across from Ill. So i work with alot of Ill hunters. I can say this though, i see the pics EVERY YEAR of the deer these guys kill and it is mind blowing. I have one co worker who kills 1 if not 2 p@y bucks every year in Illinois, last year he killed a 160" and a 150" five minutes apart via bow. a big part of Illinois sucess IMO is the short fire arm seasons they have. I talked with another Illinois co worker today, he has not shot a buck but has had three encounters with a 170+ eight point and has been turning down 130" bucks on a regular basis. dont get me wrong, im not siding against you, i know how hunting is Like i said it is never guaranteed. But Illinois is in my book, a top end state And im jelious you live there and i dont
bloodcrick, don't deny it but the Hoosier state is becoming a top end state as well. One buck limit a year should help a lot. And though I don't personally know any of the land around Evansville and a little farther north, the Wabash/Ohio river bottom grounds should be dynamite! This coming from an ex-Hoosier now living in Illinois.