HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Thanksgiving is my special hunting day-Anyone else?
Old 11-25-2008, 08:17 AM
jackflap
Typical Buck

Default Thanksgiving is my special hunting day-Anyone else?

We did not have an observable deer populationon the family farm until we started "bumping" a few while quail hunting in the mid to late eighties.

Much to my family's and neighbor's surprise, as well as mine, I shot a large 13 point on Thanksgiving day in 1989. This was the first deer ever shot on our farm,at leastin the1900's.

It has been quite a ride watching the deer population bloom and then explode as it has in the last 19 years. The amazing part is that is seems as though is was just yesterday.

I have not missed a Thanksgiving morning hunt since and have scored a few other times on this day as well. Whether Thanksgivingcomes early or late, it always hits during our rut and I have lots of memorable hunts on this day.

I can't think of a better place for me to be at a time when one should be reflecting on their blessings than out enjoying the sunrise and all of God's creation in our little place we call the family farm.

Anyone else hold Thanskgiving as their favorite hunting day?