HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Not proud, but I did kill one tonight...(Updated, pic's pg. 3 sorry for poor quality)
Old 11-24-2008, 10:38 AM
OHbowhntr
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Not proud, no pic's, but I did kill one tonight....

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

The only couple positives that can come out of this is that I and others will re-think taking longer shots, especially on ALERT animals, and I'll have tenders pan-fried with some sauteed onions and peppers tonight.
That is my hope also. So many here talk about shooting animals at that distance and it is good that you can give them a real example of what can actually go wrong.

Enjoy the tenders .
That's really my goal here Bruce, to let guys know how WRONG a shot at an animal can turn when it would be a slam-dunk on a target. I also might re-iterate that if you HAVE a rangefinder, try using it, especially on a longer shot if you're going to take one.

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

Anyway, guys try not to be STUPID like I was tonight!!!
thanks for the tip I'll keep that in mind.

Granted, this wasn't really much of a "hunt," considering the deer was in my back yard and I was wearing a pair of hospital scrubs and a sweatshirt shooting off of my deck,
Seriously? YES, SERIOUSLY, I had a buddy who said he'd gut one if I ever did what I did, so I decided I'd give it a shot. Not something I'll likely to again, but yes, I was standing there in some Navy Scrubs and a green sweatshirt about 13' above them and shooting over my railing. Again, not a hunt, just shooting in the back yard.