HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)
Old 11-23-2008, 03:50 AM
dbleyepatches
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Sorry I haven't been checking in lately guys. My wife got into a pretty bad accident and totalled our car with both of our girls in it. Everyone is doing well and were just really sore for a few days. She lost control on some terrible washboard and went off of a 10' embankment. I've been busy trying to find something else for her to drive without paying out the nose for it.

Bow season is still closed with rifle season being open until monday. I am planning on hitting it hard once rifle closes. Some dumb ass trespassed onto our land in the middle of the night and shot the only nice buck that I know about on tuesday. I found him when I was checking traps this morning all bloated and nasty. I took the antlers for rattling but this is not exactly how I planned on getting him. Nota huge deer, just a really niceand symetrical. Probably would have scored 110-120. He was seen the last 3 days of his life in the exact same spot at sun rise walking down the exact same trail. I think I would have had a decent chance at him on monday but I guess that is how it goes

Jason- I have until December 31 to arrow a buck so don't give up on me quite yet! I am going to try hard up until the last day if necessary. My standards are getting lower and lower by the minute.

Fran- The buck I shot has not been seen since. The land owner, his wife, and his son hunt the land and they didn't see him. Man I hope he made it.