HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I thought I heard Matt/PA head explode
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 08:07 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I thought I heard Matt/PA head explode

i heard the same as Early in, that its got 1 more vote to go through and it seems like its gunna be real...

i dont wanna see it. i live and hunt in 2B...ive had farms close the door on all archery hunters because deer were running around with bolts sticking out of them. thats no joke. one farmer had 4 or 5 bucks in 1 season...all crossbow bolts. he closed the farm.

with as many hunters as we have in PA, i think it will get ugly. yes, bad shots happen no matter what the weapon. but my beef with the crossbow crowd is that ALL too many of them think they are rifles. yes, they can hit a target at 50 and 60yds...but so can i with my compound. most just dont realize that they dont have the energy requierd for those long shots...taking neck and shoulder shots like they are shooting a rifle...etc etc...

they might as well just open the rifle season when ARCHERY season starts and just run it the whole way through....

they are also trying like mad to allow INLINE muzzleloaders in our late FLINTLOCK and ARCHERY season (crossbows are already allowed state wide for 2 weeks in rifle and 3 weeks in the late season)

i wont quit hunting....but i wont be happy.

i have NO problem with people that HONESTLY cannot use a BOW using a crossbow...but to everyone else, either learn the game and shoot a BOW or stay outta ARCHERY season!!! same goes with the guys that want inlines in FLINTLOCK season.