HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I've got a long sleepless night ahead of me now....(kind of long story)
Old 11-17-2008, 09:10 PM
Scott/IL
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I've got a long sleepless night ahead of me now....(kind of long story)

I've read over Rob's recovery thread a few times now and studied the anatomy diagrams over and over and over. I picked a point on a picture of a deer then compared it to the anatomy diagrams. It looks like a low lung/heart shot, but I can't be for sure.

I know if there isn't an exit hole, then the cavity must fill up with blood before it starts pumping out, so that would explain the lack of blood in the field. I did shoot a doe some years ago where she ran about 100 yards with the arrow lodged in the offset shoulder, and didn't have but a few drops of blood and then it was everywhere right where she crashed.

I'm still confident I'm making the right choice by waiting him out, but I still can't make myself climb into bed. I've been getting up at 2:30 for the past few days and running on very little sleep, but yet I'm still sitting here wide awake.