HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Drenalin LD vs. Alphamax 35 ...?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 10:06 PM
Warden41272

Default RE: Drenalin LD vs. Alphamax 35 ...?

This is not a professional opinion, so feel free to take it with a grain of salt (or a salt mine). The pro at my pro shop (whom I respect very highly) says the Hoyt is the best bow on the market. He shoots and sells them (although he sells 8 other brands, as well), and used to be a PSE rep and shooter. His rationale is the TEC riser is the stiffest and most accurate on the market, the limbs are the strongest and most durable on the market, and it's the most inherently accurate bow on the market (speaking of the Katera XL). In fact, I shoot a PSE XForce, and I asked him his opinion of the best bow for 3D and target shooting, and the Katera XL is what he recommended. Again, I'm certainly no expert, but I do know that a Hoyt is my next bow, and that I value this guy's opinion very highly. He didn't down Mathews at all, but they've taken the single cam about as far as it can go. You notice most of the new bows that combine speed and stealth aren't single cam? Both are nice bows, and you should go with which one fits you best, but my opinion (and based only on my conversation with a real pro, as well as my holding and shooting both, although owning neither) is the Hoyt. You gotta look at service, too. I think both Mathews and Hoyt have good reputations for customer service. PSE sucks in this regard, so if I knew then what I know now....